Friday, August 12, 2011

Look For Plans to Build a Doghouse and Do it Yourself

Are you looking for Plans To Build a Doghouse?

lowes patio doors with blinds

As a Do It Yourself-er I was totally up for the challenge of building my dog a new comfortable house for her to stay in while outdoor. I have to admit visions of a little, almost dollhouse, type of structure for her was what came to mind but, I know that would almost be ridiculous so I decided to just look for some basic plans that I could dress up a bit.

LOWES PATIO DOORS

While deciding which plans to purchase, I took a lot of factors into mind. The overall size, the color, the location. I wanted it to look like it went with our landscaping because I wanted it close to the house. I really didn't need any type of run because my dog, Cocoa, that is her name, just stays on the property and doesn't tend to run off.

The simple plans to build a doghouse I found were very easy to understand. Even for the most newest of DIY person, these instructions were very easy to follow. Included was a list of all the things I would need to build the frame and what lumber would be the best to use. A cut chart showing exactly the sizes to cut the wood. Whether you cut it yourself or have it cut for you, all the measurements are there. If you have a local big 'Depot' they will cut your wood and usually at no charge.

Insulation and a leak proof roof are some other things to consider. If your dog just uses the house during warm months to get out of the sun than you may not have to insulate. You will just want to use a lighter color for the roofing to reflect as much of the suns rays and heat as possible. Also some sort of cross ventilation is important. The only door I used is just a cut out area for her to go in and out as she wills. There is an overhang to help shade the doorway and keep the rain from going into the doghouse.

I also have to keep in mind that since I have little children, it will most surely become a little hiding place or fort, so making it free of protruding screws, nails or sharp edges was important.

The doghouse came out better than I had expected and with a lot of personal touches, it is very original considering it was constructed with a set of 'doghouse plans'.

I think I may just make a couple more and sell them to make some extra money. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the doghouse I built and even some offers. It really didn't take too much time and my oldest son enjoys building things so this is time we can spend together.

Look For Plans to Build a Doghouse and Do it Yourself

All in all using plans to build a doghouse is quite doable. I downloaded mine from the internet and was able to get started when I wanted to. I have a Lowes near me and the person there was very helpful with finding the materials on the 'material list' that came with the plans. I got access to hundreds of other plans also, so I have a lot of projects to choose from. Look here at woodworkingforhome.info and get your plans today!

LOWES PATIO DOORS

0 comments:

Post a Comment